Medical nutrition therapy
December 5, 2014
Medical nutrition therapy gives you advice on eating the right foods to better manage your medical condition.
A registered dietitian or nutrition professional can give you:
- An initial opinion on what you eat and your lifestyle
- Advice on what foods to eat and how to follow a personal meal plan
- How to manage certain lifestyle factors that affect your diet, such as exercise and stress
- Follow-up visits to help you manage your diet
- Who is covered: Anyone in need with a doctor’s prescription, which typically includes those who have diabetes, have kidney disease but are not on dialysis or have had a kidney transplant
- How often it is covered: Once a year; 3 hours of therapy in the first year and 2 hours of follow-up services each year after that
- Your cost: Free
Questions about Medicare?
Take our quick assessment and get free advice from a licensed Medicare adviser.
Get answers now