This visit with your doctor is to develop a personalized plan for preventive screenings. Medicare pays for the visit every 12 months. The visit includes:
- A review of your medical and family history
- Developing or updating a list of current providers and prescriptions
- Height, weight, blood pressure, and other routine measurements
- Detection of any cognitive impairment
- Personalized health advice
- A list of risk factors and treatment options for you
- A screening schedule (like a checklist) for appropriate preventive services. Get details about coverage for screenings, shots, and other preventive services.
- New in 2016, the option to include an advance care planning discussion
This visit is covered once every 12 months (11 full months must have passed since the last visit).