If you’re eligible for Medicare, you may have many questions about when and how to enroll.
While most people first enroll in Medicare first around their 65th birthday, there are some special situations where you can enroll earlier or later.
Explore these pages to get advice for your personal circumstances:
- Turning 65 and still working (or covered under a working spouse)
- Turning 65 and NOT working
- Under 65 and living with a disability
- Federal, state, and local government workers/retirees
- Losing existing coverage
- Coverage for nonworking spouses
- Veterans with VA benefits
- Veterans on TRICARE
- Moving into a nursing home
- Moving from the Marketplace
- Other situations (have Railroad Retirement benefits, Medicaid, living overseas)
Ready to enroll? Learn more about the different enrollment periods.