People With Medicare
Medicare covers radiation therapy if you are
- A hospital inpatient, or
- A hospital outpatient, or
- Going to a freestanding clinic.
Which part of Medicare covers therapy?
Medicare Part B covers your radiation if you are an outpatient or in a freestanding facility. You will pay 20% coinsurance of the amount Medicare approves for the doctor visit. Medicare will pay the remaining 80%.
Medicare Part A covers your radiation therapy while you are a hospital inpatient. Learn how much a hospital stay can cost under Part A.
Note: The amount you must pay may be higher if a doctor, health care provider, or supplier does not accept Medicare assignment. Be sure to ask your doctor, provider, or supplier if they accept Medicare. If they do not, you should find one who does. This will save you money.
NEXT: Clinical Trials