People With Medicare
Coverage and Costs
What does Medicare cover?
Medicare covers a wide range of medical services. But it does not cover everything.
What does Medicare NOT cover?
In most cases, Medicare will not cover:
- Annual physical exams, except for a one-time "Welcome to Medicare" exam when you join Medicare and an Annual Wellness Visit every 12 months
- Long-term nursing home care for more than 100 days
- Acupuncture, naturopathy, etc.
- Routine foot care
- Cosmetic surgery
- Hearing aids
- Dental care and dentures
- Care outside the United States
What can I do if Medicare does not cover a service?
If Medicare decides not to cover your service, you have a right to know why. You can appeal if you do not agree with Medicare. For more information on how to appeal, get personal help.
How much does Medicare cost?
The next section answers questions you may have about Medicare costs.
In This Section:
- How can I choose doctors to keep costs low?
- What portions of Medicare costs do I have to pay?
- What does Medicare cost?
- What do I pay for hospitals and other facilities?
- How do I pay my Medicare premiums?
- What if I have other health insurance?
- Can I get help with costs?